PROPOSED OPERATIONS OF FORGE CENTER
46-48 N. MAIN STREET, SELBYVILLE, DE 19975
DEFINITIONS: For the purposes contained herein the following words are defined as follows:
Member: Member shall mean any active member of FORGE Youth and Family Academy, Inc., as is defined in the Corporate By-Laws and any Amendment thereto.
Drop In: The term drop in shall mean that the Center will be open for Members or Non-Members, as specified with or with/out planned activities. Services provided on drop-in basis are as follows: board game tables with games, access to air hockey table (as permitted), access to approved gaming systems (i.e. x-box, play-station, Wii, etc) (when available), access to internet service, access to tutoring (when available), access to REWIND scheduling, access to lounge area for groups to meet and gather.
Event/Outreach: Event and Outreach are generally interchangeable terms. Both terms indicate that the Center will be open to the public for a specific amount of time to accommodate a specific event or outreach for the benefit of FORGE and/or the community. A list of currently proposed Events/Outreach are attached hereto.
Appointment Only: Appointment Only scheduling will include REWIND meetings, pre-scheduled special youth events or organization outreach, private counseling sessions or appointments, private use by other organizations for meetings or permittable events.
HOURS OF OPERATIONS:
It is the desire of FORGE to have access to the premises from 10:00 a.m. -10:00 p.m. daily; however, it is not the intent of the Organization to open the center during all of these hours. The Nature of the Organization is such that the space will be opened primarily on an “as needed” basis for Member activities as well as for community events and community outreach activities. Drop-In hours will be designated and are not likely to ever exceed 40 hours per week due to volunteer staffing and required use of the property for member activities and events; however, it is the intent of the Organization to have access to the premises all week, in the event that community events or drop-in hours can be expanded as membership and programs grow.
The current plan for hours of operation is as follows:
Mondays Open 5 p.m. -9 p.m. REWIND (adult program) ONLY
Tuesdays Open 5 p.m.- 9 p.m. Teen IMPACT meetings and/or EXODUS Music Practice
(On Music practice nights the facility will be open for Member Only Drop In.)
Wednesdays Open 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Round Table Discussion Group—Open to Public
Community Drop-In and Member drop-In will be available for members 12+
Thursdays: Appointment Only.
Fridays: 6 p.m.-9 p.m.: Open for Youth and Family Ministry Only all other services are closed on Fridays.
Saturdays: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Drop-In Hours and/or community events/outreach*
4:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m. Drop-In Hours and/or community events/outreach
Sundays: 1:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Drop-In Hours and/or community events/outreach.
SUMMER and SCHOOL HOLIDAYS:
It is the long-term goal of the organization to open the premises more frequently during Summer Months and during School Holidays. The plan for such hours will include scheduled events and/or outreach as well as additional Drop-In hours.
PREMISES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- All organizational policies and procedures as stated in the Corporate By-Laws and any amendments thereto are applicable to the proposed Premises.
- At no time shall the Premises be open for Community Drop-In hours with less than 3 active FORGE members present. Said members must consist of at least 2 adult members and the third required member may be an adult or youth member over the age of 15.
- All outside activities shall be conducted only after neighboring businesses have ceased operation for the day unless a pre-planned event/community outreach requires the use of the outside area (any such outside activities are to be discussed and approved by the neighboring business owner and are subject to any local, county or state permits required by law). All outdoor activities conducted on the premises will be planned activities led by leaders and volunteers.
- All Youth Members and Youth Guests are required to stay inside the premises unless they are participating in outdoor activities planned by the organization with appropriate supervision.
- Outdoor loitering will not be tolerated by any Member or Non-Member at any time and all such loitering will be reported to local law enforcement authorities if the need should arise.